This year I joined the 35 club! And in honor of being fabulous and 35, I want to share 35 health and fitness tips with you!
1. Foam rolling is for everyone and should be done daily.
2. Cold showers are the best way to wake up and burn more body fat.
3. Stop locking your knees. This will lead to lower back pain.
4. Avoid eating gluten at all costs.
5. Breath deep so that you can feel the sides or your lower back expand.
6. Swing a kettlebell for a stronger and great looking backside.
7. Fat is where it’s at! Enjoy butter, ghee, coconut oil, palm oil, duck fat and many other fabulous saturated fats.
8. Don’t let your grip strength fade with age. Farmer carries, kettlebells and hanging from a bar will help with that.
9. Runners, keep your long runs slow and easy and keep your interval runs hard. Don’t fall in the chronic cardio range.
10. Drink high quality spring or reverse osmosis water.
11. Use high quality sea salt season food and as a mineral supplement.
12. Work your squat so that your butt can get down to the ground. Can you sit in this position? How long?
13. Lift heavy weights! We were made for manual work,. Simulate heavy labor in the weight room.
14. Meditate daily. If you don’t go within, you will go with out. We need quiet restorative time to balance the stress in our life.
15. Stand up and move for 10 minutes for every hour your sit at your computer.
16. Eat a variety of whole, real foods.
17. Sleep 7 to 9 hours every night.
18. Pull ups are my favorite exercise. Get a home pull up bar to practice.
19. Get out and spend a few minutes in nature. Appreciate the world around you while taking in fresh air and natural beauty.
20. We all need to pull more in our workouts. Add more pulling movements horizontally and vertically.
21. Surround yourself with health minded people.
22. Keep your room dark for deep sound sleep. A sleep mask is great for that!
23. Use chemical free cosmetics. Your skin is the largest organ of your body and all chemicals will absorb into your blood stream.
24. Unilateral movements will help improve symmetrical strength.
25. Become more playful. We take life too seriously, becoming stress and overwhelmed. How can you play, smile and laugh more often?
26. Choose foods that have one ingredient. Keep your diet simple and clean.
27. Keep your joints mobile as you age. Do exercises that take joints through a full range of motion.
28. Go to sleep no later than 10:30pm. This allows your body and brain to repair through the night.
29. Take care of your health and needs before others. This allows you to be the best spouse, parent, coworker, and person on the planet.
30. Always start your daily with a high fat, high protein meal. This will encourage less sugar cravings later in the day.
31. Approach the day with positive thinking! Stinkin’ thinkin’ only leads to more stress and frustration.
32. You are never “too old” to do something. Stay young at heart and keep fitness a priority as the years go by.
33. Dream big and go for it.
34. Lift weights 2 to 4 times every week. Strong is the new sexy.
35. Love. Love yourself unconditionally. Love your life and live it to the fullest. Love others compassionately.