Sandi is not too far away from away from retirement. But when she started at Wild Workouts and Wellness she was far away from her health and fitness goals. Seeing the success her sister who was working with a trainer and her niece who worked out at Wild, she decided to give one of our weight loss challenges a try.
What made you decide you wanted/needed to start a program?
My niece joined Wild and knew I was struggling with fitness/weight loss/wellness. She suggested I come in for a consultant to see if this was a program I could embrace. I had tried every weight loss diet under the sun. Boy she was right! My motivation in the beginning was a tonnage reduction plan to get ready for my son’s wedding 8 months from when I started. My second motivating factor was I was turning 60 and didn’t want to go into retirement fat, lazy and tired. I have always been a gym rat and just couldn’t perform like I wanted. Too many aches and pains in my plus size body. My third motivation was achieving overall wellness and finding something that we could follow at home, traveling and work.
What results have you achieved since starting your program?
I started in Jan 2014 at a “flabby” size 18 working my way to a size 20 in a hurry. Today I am fit, getting toned, healthier and much more at peace with myself. Currently I am a healthy size 12 and hope soon to be even lower. Best of all is the overall health improvements. I am no longer on any meds for blood pressure. My BMI is greatly reduced. My biometrics are within range and I feel great. Adopting a 80/20 gluten free, dairy free lifestyle has eliminated my inflammation problem, my stomach bloat, mental fatigue and emotional rollercoaster rides and given me the ability to re-engage in life and physical activities that I thought I had to stop because of aging pains. But age is just a number and does not define what or who you are and what you can achieve or become. We love to cook and have so enjoyed the process of adapting recipes and discovering new ways to shop, prepare and enjoy a host of new flavors, ingredients and good eats! I look forward to continuing my journey at Wild. Thank you Amber and the wonderful staff at Wild!!!
What do you like best about our program/having a trainer?
- Accountability, non-judgmental, consistency, and amazing support whenever you need it. They take interest in you, to know what makes you tick and how to motivate/challenge you to “get it done” without you even realizing it at the time. You walk out the door with a high five thinking wow I really did that today! Who knew….. they did!
- Trainers and support staff. Amber has created a warm caring, supportive staff all with the same goal to help you achieve your goals.
- Classes schedules- lots of days and times to choose from. No excuse to not come.
- Variety of workouts and knowledge base of the trainers to be able to modify an exercise to accommodate whatever issue you may have at the time.
- The classes are small enough that you get individual attention to form/adaptation so you don’t hurt yourself.
- They really care about you! One on one check ins to keep you on track and honest feedback delivered in a caring, supportive way.
- Friendly staff. I don’t know if they ever have a bad day? The class atmosphere is really fun. We work hard, but have a great time doing it!
- Building a community of like-minded Wild Peeps who encourage you, support you, make you laugh, and make you feel welcome.
- All the other add-in options: meal planning, shop with a trainer, camps, nutrition consultations and classes, the list goes on and on.
What would you say to someone on the fence about joining our program?
DO IT! Don’t put it off another moment. You deserve to be the best you can be. You will be amazed at what you can achieve with the right folks guiding you. Is it hard? At time yes, but that is the challenge. Do I still have aches and pains? Yes but this is because I earned those by doing something good for me. I discover new muscles every week! As they say “No pain, no gain”. I can honestly say I look forward to coming to workouts and when I miss a class I get annoyed that I can’t be there. You can’t help but not make your goals if you engage with the plan, come to classes, and have fun doing it! IT WORKS. I AM PROOF – IT REALLY WORKS! The Wild team and the many wonderful Wild Peeps make this an amazing place! One big community who cares, supports and motivates you from the moment you walk in the door to the time you leave and even will you at home with contact through social media and individual emails! Thank you Wild for my journey to wellness. I can’t thank you all enough!!! PS: We just bought bikes (human powered) earlier this summer. It is now our preferred method of transportation about town. We have planned rides on a good number of WI bike trails this summer. Who would have thought that 2 years ago? Thank you, thank you thank you!
Now Sandi and her husband bought bikes. This is their preferred mode of transportation and use their bikes to run errands and go out to restaurants. Going forward, Sandi looks forward to getting stronger and toning up.