Wild Workouts & Wellness is so excited to add Far Infrared Sauna services to the list of holistic wellness practices that our clients can utilize.
In our current worldwide environment of polluted air, over treated, impure tap water and the thousands of chemicals used in food and drink processing, it’s no wonder that our bodies are totally overloaded by harmful toxins, heavy metals, carcinogens and pathogens.
With Far Infrared Therapy we can detoxify our bodies and re-establish proper metabolic balance simply, through regular sweating. Detoxification of the entire body is a cornerstone of responsible health maintenance!
So let’s talk about it!
What is the difference between Far Infrared Saunas & a traditional sauna?
What are the Benefits?
How do I use it?
What’s the difference between a Far Infrared Sauna and a Traditional Sauna?
A traditional sauna relies on high heat and steam to induce sweating. Infrared saunas operate at a lower temperature using infrared technology that penetrates the body and produces a dry heat.
Traditional saunas heat up rather quickly and cause the sweat to pour profusely from your body, which is uncomfortable for some. The heat in an infrared sauna builds up slower, isn’t as high, safely penetrates deep into joints and muscles and doesn’t create the “drenched in sweat” result of traditional saunas.
Infrared has a deeper reach within the skin and is less ‘oppressive heat’, since it heats the body not the air. That said, Infrared is able to increase the body’s core temperature, causing a much deeper, more detoxifying sweat from the cellular level of the skin where many toxins are housed. An Infrared operating temperature is much cooler 110-130°F, compared to a traditional sauna which requires temperatures of 169-200°F. This is important because one can withstand longer therapy sessions, resulting in increased sweat production.
In sweat content analysis, it has been determined that Infrared sauna use produces sweat containing 80% water and 20% toxins whereas traditional sauna use produces sweat containing 97% water and 3% toxins.
Infrared have all the benefits of natural sunlight without the harmful UV rays so your metabolism gets a boost and your cardiovascular health improves.
Far Infrared Sauna Benefits
- Weight Loss: Relax, unwind and lose up to 10 pounds in 30 days with regular infrared sauna use. Far infrared radiant heat can burn more than 600 calories in a 30 minute session! Sweat off Pounds and inches!
- Detoxification for Your Whole Body: Far infrared sauna therapy is one of the safest and most efficient detoxification methods for expelling harmful environmental toxins, insoluble chemical residues and dangerous heavy metals from the human body. Whole body detoxification is one of the cornerstones of responsible family health maintenance.
- Pain Relief: Real, lasting relief for nerve damage, arthritis, muscle pain, carpal tunnel, joint pain and fibromyalgia. No pills, potions or lotions required! Infrared sauna heat penetrates directly to the source of your pain to heal and soothe naturally.
- Stress Relief: Relax, eliminate tension and melt away the buildup of daily stress and the tension of the workday grind. Feel the glow of deep penetrating infrared heat as it soothes and heals your body naturally. Say “goodnight,” to sleep apnea and insomnia, and sleep like a baby.
- Reduce Recovery Time: Reduce the healing time for damaged tissues, muscles, tendons, ligaments and nerve endings, increase blood circulation and vasodilation of blood vessels. Speed beneficial nitric oxide and healing oxygen to the distressed areas, while removing toxins and lactic acid from strenuous exercise. Enhanced cell regeneration will give you more energy, stamina and mental clarity.
- Cardiovascular Workout: Medical studies demonstrate sauna health benefits such as lowered blood pressure, improved circulation and enhanced metabolism. An infrared sauna session is a genuine passive cardio workout – without exercise!
- Organic Skin Care: Dramatically renew elasticin-collagen tissues while crow’s feet, forehead lines, wrinkles, age spots, scars, varicose veins and stretch marks naturally fade away. Look younger while you cleanse your body from the inside out.
- Sauna Health Benefits for Immune System:Bullet Proof Your Immune System. Increased production of white blood cells and toxin removal through sweating combines to improve immunity against chronic infections, flu, sinus, allergy symptoms, germs and bacteria. Realize health benefits as the body produces special heat shock proteins, which are powerful immune system stimulators.
- If you feel the beginning of cold or flu symptoms, use your infrared sauna 2-3 times per day/ 20 – 30 minute sessions. By inducing hyperthermia, you can strengthen your immune system. In many instances, frequent far infrared sauna sessions will eliminate your cold and flu symptoms completely in a day or so.
What you should know when using a Far Infrared Sauna:
- Wait at least 1 – 2 hours after eating before beginning a far infrared sauna session.
- Best Times for infrared sauna sessions are early in the morning or before bedtime in the evening, although anytime is good.
- When you first begin to use your infrared sauna, Start Slowly. Users average 25-35 minute sessions. You may not sweat a lot during your first 2-3 sauna sessions. This is normal for many people, as they haven’t had a recent history of sweating.
- Stay Hydrated! Drink plenty of good water or herbal/green tea before, during and after your sauna routine.
- Do not overheat during your first few sessions. If you feel lightheaded, have a queasy stomach, or start to get a headache, terminate session immediately. As the body continues to adjust, sweating can increase dramatically and body temperature regulation becomes more effective. Do not allow your body temperature to rise above 102 degrees.
- Watery Fat and Cellulite deposits begin breaking up into smaller water clusters as your core body temperature reaches approximately 100.5 degrees F.
- Sauna Apparel. Lightweight shorts and tank/tee shirt are great. Swim suits are ok too.
- BYO Towel. Place layers of towels on the bench seat to absorb perspiration during your session. Far infrared will penetrate clothing and towels.
- By Stretching your arms, legs, neck, back area,etc. during your far infrared sauna session you can achieve increased body flexibility, range of motion, and reduce chronic stiffness and problem areas. Massage congested and “knotty” muscle areas.
- When you finish your sauna session, it is important to relax and cool down while your body continues to perspire. Then take a shower.